If you have been searching the market for an ideal processor for your system, you must have encountered the ongoing rivalry between Intel and AMD. Both manufacturers deliver processors that are power packed. However, they also have a few weaknesses. This blog focuses on the popular AMD processors and their advantages and drawbacks.
About AMD Processors
AMD is short for Advanced Micro Devices, which offers users cheaper processors than Intel processors of the same range. The consistency between the two manufacturers has resulted in more competent processors than the previous Intel Core lineup. The AMD APUs also deliver better graphics processing.
When choosing laptops, AMD Ryzen CPUs are a better option as they do not get heated easily, offer better GPU performance, and have better battery life. The APU options are ideal for everyday use and playing light games on PCs and smartphones.
However, look for Ryzen 7 and 9 if you do heavy gaming, video editing, etc. You can buy AMD Ryzen 9 7950x, the best for creators and gamers with demanding programs and applications.
Positives And Negative Of AMD Processors
Where AMD processors have positives, they also fall short in some areas. Given below are the pros and cons of an AMD processor:
Positives Of AMD:
- AMD Processors are Cheaper. If you have a limited budget but want an excellent processor, then AMD is the best. Intel Core series is good but comes with a cost that is only affordable for some. Further, Intel dominates the market, and AMD offers competitive pricing.
- AMD processors, such as Ryzen 9 7950x, deliver outstanding graphics. Even at a lower cost, AMD works towards delivering graphics quality best for gaming purposes. The fine visuals provided by AMD processors add color to your gaming experience. However, Intel processors are better if you are a YouTuber or render images.
- AMD makes processors that can successfully detect security breaches. Your AMD processor will feature EVP or Enhanced Virus Protection to see unauthorized entries. Using these processors, you can easily test various programs for viruses.
- AMD processors are supportive of 64-bit computer applications. As we progress with technology, 64-bit applications are becoming more popular and ubiquitous than 32-bit. Hence, the design of AMD processors allows them to work well with applications that are 64-bit based.
Drawbacks Of AMD:
- AMD processors tend to release heat as they do not employ heatsinks for cooling. Moreover, these processors may still use fans for cooling. However, some users employ ice coolers to reduce the sound produced by the processors.
- When it concerns multimedia, Intel processors are better candidates than AMD. Hence, users whose work mostly surrounds multimedia should look for something other than an AMD option, as they cannot deal with multimedia like Intel processors.
- Another drawback is a need for more awareness. Only some users are familiar with AMD like they are with Intel. Even with growing popularity, AMD processors stand far behind even when they offer good quality processors.
Read this blog: Top RTX 3090 Graphic Cards
Choosing a high-quality processor for your setup is essential regardless of whether you need it for gaming or database hosting. AMD processors are one of the options that deliver exquisite features and functionalities. With the advantages and drawbacks of these processors, you can now make a better buying decision.