How can you store your homemade guacamole recipe? Have you made a mistake before leaving your flavourful guacamole in the open? If yes, you must know it quickly loses its bright colour and taste.
Therefore, to help you with this problem, we have found how to freeze and store your guacamole and use it whenever you want a spicy appetizer.
Is It Possible To Freeze Guacamole?
If you wish your guacamole could last longer, you can freeze it and extend its shelf life. As best it is to make fresh guacamole for your taco night, you can save your trip to the market by storing it in the freezer. So, here are tips and ways you can freeze your guacamole.
Things To Do Before Storing Your Guacamole
Before you follow the method to store your homemade guacamole recipe, you must take the following measures:
- Before you freeze your dip, taste it and add seasoning and 1 tsp of lemon juice. Adding lemon juice will preserve the colour of your avocado-based dip.
- For a large batch of guac, you can divide it into freezer containers. Doing so will maintain the quality of unused portions.
- With your guac, avoid putting ingredients like onions, tomatoes, etc. It is because when you defrost your guac, it can change its consistency to watery.
Methods To Freeze Your Guacamole
There are two methods to freeze your guacamole. You can either use a bag that is freezer safe or use freezer containers.
Method 1: Mason Jars
Using jars for storing your guacamole is convenient and less messy. To use this method, you need to:
- Take a mason jar and fill it with guacamole. Be sure to fill your jar and give the guac enough space to expand after being frozen.
- Use a spoon to flatten the surface and remove any air bubbles.
- As an option, you can add olive oil to its top layer to prevent browning.
- Next, close the lid and put it in the freezer.
Method 2: Freezer-safe Bag With Zip Lock
Although jars are convenient, they can also take up space. Therefore, you can use Zip lock bags that take up less space. Moreover, you would not have to go through extra trouble when defrosting your guacamole.
- Fill your zip lock bag with guacamole.
- Squeeze out the air from the bag before sealing it.
- Before storing the bag in the freezer, flatten it. If you have more than one bag, stack them on top of one another to save storage space.
Note: You can store guacamole for up to 3 months. Therefore, before freezing your guac, label them with the storage date.
As delicious as guacamole is, avocados can be expensive or hard to find. Therefore, if you have made a batch of homemade guacamole recipes, you should store it for later. We hope you can enjoy your bright and savoury dip for a long time with the above solutions.